Beautiful photos shot before, during, and after Hurricane Sandy by Photojojo reader, Nathan Hoang.
Top to bottom, left to right
1) Uninhibited by light pollution, New Yorkers could see some stars for once.
2) Tourists are mistaking the sanitary workers of Times Square as emergency responders
3) Empire State glows in the darkness
4) A crowded Mud, one of the only places in the Village serving hot coffee
5) Impromptu charging station outside Ace Hotel
6) Union Square food cart
7) Union Square without power